Friday 25 October 2013

New Dies Coming Soon...

We have some beautiful new dies in the shop at the moment and they will be going online very soon. However, we couldn't help but open one to use for the crop last weekend, and since the pack was open, I just had to bring it home to have another play! :-)

So here's how I created this pretty flower, using white tissue paper and some yellow and green scraps.

 
First I cut all the pieces I needed, which included 9 of the petals.

 
I then used a watered down solution of inks. I used ink blending solution to weaken the colour and then brushed the colour onto just the edges of the petals. I used just plain blending solution brushed on the rest of the petal to allow the ink to fade up into the petals slightly.


 
When dry, I constructed the flower using glossy accents as a glue.

 
and here's how it looks 'in action' on a project. This is a quick art journal page I made using the flower as the main feature.



No comments: